Bristol Cancer Help Centre is committed to making its service available to as wide a section of the community as possible. Below is a brief description of the services available at the Centre and at other venues in Bristol.
To find out more about any of these, please contact the Centre on 0117 980 9500 or
If your GP is registered within the Avon, Somerset and Wiltshire Health Authority you can book individual Bristol Approach sessions with members of the therapy team working at the Bristol Cancer Help Centre.
Therapies available are:
- Aromatherapy Massage
- Traditional massage using essential oils for additional benefits. Helpful for those with fatigue and who have difficulty relaxing.
- Our counsellors are particularly experienced in helping to discover how best to help yourself to cope with cancer and treatment.
- Traditional massage which aids relaxation and aches and pains.
- Nutritional Therapy
- Nutrition is essential to help with recovery from treatment and maintain good health, and our therapists can give advice on food, vitamins and minerals.
- A massage therapy from the Eastern tradition which helps energy to flow through the body. There is no need to undress, and is particularly helpful for those that are very fatigued. Each session lasts approximately 50 minutes.
- Therapeutic touch by experienced healers to restore balance to mind, body and spirit.
Guided Imagery with Music
- A deeply relaxing session during which the therapist will help you to explore the ideas and impressions that arise as you listen to specially chosen classical music.
Self Help Techniques
- Relaxation, Visualisation and Meditation can all be practised at home, or in hospital and can be particularly helpful to use when undergoing treatment.
Coming soon to Cancerpoint - we are hoping to start an Art Therapy group in the spring.
Before booking an individual therapy you will need to book a free initial introductory session with one of our team. This will give you an opportunity to discuss what it is you need, and they will help you choose the right therapy for you at this time.
To find out more please ring us on 0117 980 9500 or email us
We would love to receive any feedback from people who have used Cancerpoint, in order for us to continuously assess and improve those services we offer the community. If you have any suggestions or comments please email us
Bristol Cancer Help Centre runs a support group for people with cancer in the Bristol area. This meets at the Centre every week on a Monday evening from 6.30 - 8.00pm. The current group is closed. A new group will begin in March 2004.
To join or find out more please ring us on 0117 980 9500 or email us
Anyone who would like to experience our award-winning food (BBC Radio 4 Food Programme Award) can ring and book before 10.00am on a weekday. Lunch costs just �6.00 per person for two courses.
To book lunch please ring our reception on 0117 980 9500 or email us
The Centre runs sessions to help anyone who would like to develop techniques to relax and reduce stress.
These sessions take place at the Healthy Living Centre at Knowle West Health Park on Fridays between 10.30-12.00 noon. The next group will start in January 2004. The group is open to people living in South Bristol.
To find out more telephone Knowle West Health Park on 0117 903 0000